Ash Roy has been creating podcast featuring entrepreneurs on missions to support other entrepreneurs.
In this episode he speaks with inDinero co-founder and CEO, Jessica Mah about her financial secrets to growing the company by over 2,000% in just 3 years. They specifically drill down down into content: absorbing content and processing content, but also creating it and tapping into what resonates with entrepreneurs as only a fellow entrepreneur can.
This podcast recording and blog post were recently featured on Ash’s website, ProductiveInsights.com.
Listen and enjoy!
Key Points (Timestamps)
- 00:48 — Intro and overview
- 01:31 — Why financial reporting is critical to business profitability?
- 01:51 — Accounting & Tax are intimidating to lots of businesses.
- 03:22 — Businesses often focus on revenue and not in profit.
- 03:58 — Online business are often obsessed with revenue at the expense of profit.
- 04:33 — InDinero can give business owner overview on their cash flow, profitability, revenue.
- 05:50 — Jessica Mah’s mindset when she develops content around InDinero?
- 07:00 — Storytelling is an important part of Jessica Mah’s content creation process
- 08:46 — The biggest challenges businesses face when getting finances in order
- 10:45 — Businesses don’t spend enough time on their forecasting mapping out their cash position and profit for, 24 months, or 36 months.
- 12:37 — The plan is going to change but the act of planning helps you to figure out how to run your business better.
- 15:15 — When you create a plan you get to know what you don’t know
- 16:46 — Action steps to get your financial planning in order
- 18:01 — Jessica Mah’s advice for solo entrepreneurs who are looking to get started with the financial planning cycle
- 19:10 — How to use your hourly rate as a benchmark to delegate tasks to your employees
- 20:19 — Jessica Mah’s favorite books that have had a great impact on her.
- 22:40 — Jessica Mah’s think weeks where she blocks off entire weeks to just read books!
- 25:03 — How context switching affects productivity in a massive way
- 26:49 — Jessica Mah featured in cover profile of INC Magazine for September 2015 issue.
- 28:35 — What is the biggest key action point?
Related / Mentioned Podcast Episodes:
- 002. James Schramko On How To Use The Recurring Income To Maximise Profit And Fund Your Perfect Lifestyle
- 011. Dan Norris – Startups explained and how to start your own startup (Part 1)
- 018. How To Build An EIGHT figure business – With Buck Rizvi
- 022. $50 Million and Counting …. With Ed O’Keefe
- 048. John Logar On How To Use High Value Consulting To Increase Profitability
- 050. James Schramko On Frameworks For Business Profitability And Lifestyle
- 055. Ezra Firestone on How To Use Ecommerce To Take Your Business From Six
Want to learn more about how Jessica is fostering the work culture at inDinero and maintaining the company’s core values as it experiences growth? You’re in luck! She has taken the time to outline inDinero’s organization structure, Entreocracy, in her detailed manifesto.